We can help you make budgeting easier
Equalize your payments starting in May of each year. Manage those fluctuating bills and make budgeting easier with our convenient Budget Payment Plan.
Sign up in early spring, before May to:
- Divide your annual power costs into equal monthly payments
- Know in advance what your monthly power bill will be
- Help equalize your electric heat bills among high and low months throughout the year
How it works
- We calculate your monthly payment by dividing your total annual electricity costs by 12 months.
- We bill you for this amount in each of the next 11 months starting in May.
- In the 12th month (April) we compare your actual power use with your budgeted amounts billed. Your bill this month is the difference between what you have paid and your actual consumption. If your actual power use was less than your equalized payments, you’ll see a credit on your statement. If your actual power use was more than your equalized payments, you’ll see an amount owing.
- We may revise your monthly payment amount during the year to make sure it closely reflects your actual usage. This will ensure the credit or amount owing in the 12th month is close to your budget amount.
Please notify us if you make changes, such as installing a hot tub or baseboard heater, that may significantly change the amount of power you use.
Who is eligible?
Any monthly billed residential customer can sign up for equalized budget payments.
How do I sign up?
Visit or phone our office to make arrangements to sign up. The sign-up month for the budget plan is April of each year.