Our Indigenous Education Awards Program supports First Nation, Inuit and Métis students across Canada by providing financial assistance to help them in their quest for higher education. These awards, bursaries and scholarships are given to students who demonstrate leadership capabilities and strive to be role models in their schools and communities.
There are three different awards available:
- Merit Awards ($500) – for students completing Grades 10 – 12, including upgrading;
- Bursaries ($1,000) – for students enrolled in trade, diploma or certificate programs;
- Scholarships ($1,500) – for students enrolled in degree or graduate programs.
There is a maximum of one award per applicant per year. Students must re-apply each year if they wish to be considered.
You can apply for one of our Indigenous Education Awards if you:
- Are a Canadian Indigenous person;
- Are enrolled full-time in high school (including upgrading) or an accredited post-secondary institution or training program;
- Are not the child of an ATCO employee.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 ATCO Indigenous Education Awards. The application deadline was July 15, and we are no longer accepting applications.
Due to the large volume of scholarship applications, we are unable to accept telephone or email inquiries regarding the status of your application. We thank everyone for applying; however, only those being considered for an award will be contacted.
You may submit your application for the 2020-2021 school year beginning in March 2020.